What is my website's root directory in Windows Hosting?
For Windows Hosting, your primary domain name's root directory is httpdocs/.
Secondary and subdomain names' root directories were specified when they were set up. Here's how to find the root directory for secondary domains or subdomains in Windows Hosting.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting, and next to the Windows Hosting account you want to view select Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, select Plesk Admin.
- In the Plesk Websites & Domains page, in the section for each subdomain or secondary domain, the root directory name appears after Website at. By default, the root directory is the subdomain name itself followed by a forward slash, as in "subdomain.coolexample.com/".
- The root directory of your website holds the content that loads when visitors access your domain name in a Web browser. That's why you need to be sure you put your website's index file in your website's root directory.