What is List for Sale?
List for Sale (LFS) with Afternic is a way to put your domains to work and earn some money along the way. If you have domains in your account you aren't actively using, or don't plan to use at all, you can list them for sale. Domains listed through GoDaddy's List for Sale (which include domains previously labeled as Premium Listings) can be put for sale in front of 75 million prospective buyers on more than 120 partner sites worldwide.
Select a question to see its answer:
- What is Afternic?
- How to get started?
- What are Afternic promotional networks?
- What extensions are supported?
- What are your commission rates?
- How do I price my domains?
- What are List and Floor prices?
- What payment methods are supported?
- What happens after I list my domain?
- What happens after my domain sells?
- How do transfers work?
- Who can I contact for further assistance?
What is Afternic?
Afternic is a GoDaddy company and the world's largest domain marketplace. Listing with Afternic includes your domain in search results on over 120 top registrars and reseller websites collectively. Domain names get exposure through our reseller network with over 75 million monthly search queries reaching prospective buyers worldwide.
How to get started?
Listing your domain through List for Sale is a free, straightforward process. You can edit the prices at any time unless the domain is pending sale or is already sold. If you decide to take it down, you can remove it at no cost.
What are Afternic promotional networks?
There are two promotional levels available to Afternic members, the Standard network and the Premium network , which is also known as Fast Transfer network. At no cost, the Premium network offers maximum exposure for your domains and eliminates the lengthy escrow process. If your domains are not automatically listed on the Fast Transfer network, they will remain in the Standard network until they meet the opt-in criteria and are submitted for the Premium network by contacting Afternic’s Support team.
What extensions are supported?
What are your commission rates?
When the domain is sold, the seller pays a commission to GoDaddy. The commission rate is dependent on where the domain’s nameservers are pointed to at the time of sale (US$15 minimum).
- Domains using GoDaddy brand aftermarket nameservers that point to a GoDaddy For Sale Lander: Reduced flat, 15% commission rate.
- Domains not using GoDaddy brand aftermarket nameservers: Standard flat, 25% commission rate.
GoDaddy brand aftermarket nameservers will end with the following:
How do I price my domains?
Pick your own price, or use our suggested price when listing your domain. The estimated price is determined by our GoValue domain valuation tool. GoValue uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to provide an estimated valuation for your domain names.
What are List and Floor prices?
- List Price: Also known as the Buy Now price, this is the price a buyer sees on the Afternic network of registrar and reseller sites. Avoid setting this too high, or buyers may turn away and choose a less expensive name. Buy Now prices are binding.
- Floor Price: This is the amount your Afternic sales executive can negotiate to, if necessary, to close the sale without contacting you for approval. Buyers do not see this price. We recommend setting the floor price 20% – 30% less than your Buy Now price. Floor Prices are binding.
- Minimum Price: Usually used as a conversation starter. It is the lowest amount anyone can submit for your domain. The minimum price is set automatically at 65% of the List price and it’s not binding. Edit the minimum price through your Afternic account.
Learn more pricing tips and tricks with our guide video.
What payment methods are supported?
You may choose to accept an ACH, eCheck, PayPal or Wire Transfer from Afternic for your domain sales. Minimum earnings are required and payment fees apply. Make sure to complete your payee profile to avoid delays in processing your disbursement.
What happens after I list my domain?
Domains are reviewed within 48 hours, prior to activating your listings, in order to maintain the quality and integrity of the marketplace for Afternic members. You can view your currently listed domains at any time, but remember — domain names can take some time to sell. If there is any interest in your domain from buyers around the world, an Afternic sales executive will reach out to you and facilitate the negotiation at no additional cost.
What happens after my domain sells?
Once your domain is sold, the Afternic Transaction Assurance process will securely transfer the domain to the buyer and you'll receive payment, minus commission fees. Make sure you complete your payee profile to avoid delays in processing your disbursement.
How do transfers work?
Eligible domain listings are automatically opted into Fast Transfer at the end of the transfer lock period. Fast Transfer is an automated process that transfers the sold domain from the seller account to the buyer account, regardless of registrar. If your domain is not opted into the Fast Transfer network at the time of the sale, you will be contacted by Afternic’s Transaction Assurance team with additional instructions on how to deliver it. The team ensures the domain is transferred to the buyer’s account and the funds are securely transferred to your preferred payment method designated on Afternic.
Note: Domains are not eligible for transfer to another registrar if they are within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant.
Who can I contact for further assistance?
Still have questions? Afternic Support is here to help.
- Ready to get started? List your domain for sale in your GoDaddy account.