What do I do if I have trouble connecting to my email account?
If you are having trouble connecting to your email account through an email client, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take. If you need to access your email right away, you can login on your Workspace webmail.
Check your SMTP relay settings
Make sure you have set up SMTP Relay in your email account. For more information about setting up SMTP Relay, see Checking your SMTP Relay Settings.
Check your mail server names
- Login to your Workspace webmail.
- Click Tools.
- Click Email Setup Center, you'll find your incoming and outgoing server settings.
Check our Port Settings
Your internet provider might block your email clients' default port settings. If they do, you can use these alternative ports by selecting the port based on the server name you're using.
|SMTP||Outgoing||25, 80, 3535|
Potential email account limitations
See Email Account Limitations for maximum email and attachment size as well as other limitations that may affect your ability to send email.
- Check the size of your message
- Check the number of email addresses on the email
- Make sure you haven't exceeded your daily relay limit
One relay consists of one email message sent to each person using the SMTP service. So if you send one email message to 30 people, it counts as 30 relays. Relays are counted on a daily basis.
Set up your email account
- Set up your email in Outlook 2016 (Windows)
- Set up your email in Outlook 2016 (Mac)
- Set up your email in in Apple Mail
- Set up your email in Thunderbird
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.