Verifying Website Control for Website Protection Site Scanner
If you manually specified your domain name when you set up Website Protection Site Scanner, you must verify that you manage the website before scanning begins. To do this, download the TXT file provided during setup and publish it to the root directory of your website.
To Verify Website Control
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Website Protection.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Notice window, click Click here to download sitescannertest.txt.
- Upload the file sitescannertest.txt to the root directory (/) of your website.
- Confirm that you can view sitescannertest.txt by navigating to its URL in your browser.
For example: http://coolexample.com/sitescannertest.txt, where coolexample.com is your website's domain name.
- Return to Site Scanner.
- Click Verify Your Domain.
Site Scanner scans your site within 24 hours of verifying hosting control.