Unlock or lock my domain
Unlock your domain to prepare for a transfer to a new registrar. Domains aren't eligible for transfer to another registrar if they're within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if the domain has a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the checkboxes next to the domains you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Lock from the action menu.
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Lock.
- Unlock your domains by selecting Turn Lock Off. Lock your domains by selecting Turn Lock On.
- Verify the domains being updated and select Continue.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
You'll see a Success confirmation letting you know your domains have been updated.
- Once unlocked, your domain can be transferred to another registrar.