Test your website speed with Pingdom
When evaluating the performance of your site, figuring out where and what to improve can be time-consuming without a tool like the Page Speed Test from Pingdom. Here's how to get started with the speed test.
- Go to Pingdom's website speed test.
- Replace www.example.com your site's URL.
- Under Test From, select a location that represents your typical visitor, and then select START TEST.
- Under Your Results, you can see a performance grade for your site as well as details such as load time, page size, and the number and type of requests made by the page.
- Under Improve page performance you can see a list of items that were checked, your site's score for each, and suggested improvements.
- Select each item to see more details.
- To improve your site's performance, follow the suggestions provided by Pingdom. Resolve the issues marked in red first because they are slowing down your site the most.
- You can try improving your site's speed by optimizing your images with a plugin.