Switch to GoDaddy Payments in Websites + Marketing
You’ve got a few different options for payment processors in your Websites + Marketing online store. Maybe you started out with Square, Stripe or PayPal, and now you want to make the switch to GoDaddy Payments. Good choice! With some of the lowest transaction fees around, GoDaddy Payments is a great way to get paid quickly and securely. Learn more about using GoDaddy Payments with your business.
Why should I switch?
There are lots of reasons to make GoDaddy Payments your primary payment processor, especially if you’re an omni-commerce seller. Here are a few:
- Industry-low transaction fees, whether you’re taking payments online or in-person.
- Single integrated solution to accept payments across multiple channels. With one processor, you can process transactions through your online store, virtual terminal, online pay links, the GoDaddy mobile app, and in-person - with or without a POS device.
- Two different types of POS devices are available (but not required) for in-person sales. Don’t need the extra hardware? You can also process transactions directly through the GoDaddy mobile app or web browser.
- Everything in one place. With GoDaddy Payments, you’ll have one Payments Hub to review reports and transactions, create Online Pay Links, access the Virtual Terminal, and manage settings for your account and Smart Terminal.
- No gateway lock-in. Offer customers the option to pay with PayPal or Amazon along with GoDaddy Payments, at no extra charge to you as the merchant.
What else should I know first?
We’re happy to have you! But we also want to make sure there are no surprises later. If you’re thinking of switching over to GoDaddy Payments, there are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Transactions through a previous payment processor won’t carry over into GoDaddy Payments. The transaction history in your Payments Hub only includes transactions processed through GoDaddy Payments. For example, if you previously processed transactions with PayPal, those transactions will appear in your PayPal account history, but they won’t appear in your Payments Hub.
GoDaddy Payments is only compatible with POS devices purchased through GoDaddy. GoDaddy Payments has two different types of POS devices available for in-person sellers. Whether you’re a brick-and-mortar company or more of an on-the-go festival seller, we’ve got a device for you.
However, if you’ve recently purchased POS hardware through a different company, that device won’t be compatible with GoDaddy Payments. It may make sense to hold off on making the switch until you’ve gotten your money’s worth!
How do I change to GoDaddy Payments?
Ready to make the switch? Here are the basic steps for setting up GoDaddy Payments. For a full walkthrough and video tutorial, check out our complete guide for enabling GoDaddy Payments in Websites + Marketing.
- Access your website dashboard from your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Commerce > Payment Methods.
- Next to GoDaddy Payments, select Connect.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to fill out your business info and link a bank account where you want to receive payments.
- Provide any additional requested verification to complete the signup process.
- Once verification is complete, your store will be linked to GoDaddy Payments and you’re ready to go.
- Check out all the ways you can process payments - including a virtual terminal and sharable Online Pay Links.
- Download the GoDaddy mobile app to process transactions and access your GoDaddy Payments reports through your phone.
- Want to sell in-person? We can help! Learn how to order and set up a Poynt Smart Terminal or Poynt Card Reader.