SkyKick Outlook Assistant Overview and Requirements
If you have started a migration, or are looking to see if it is the right service for you, you may have been told about the Outlook Setup Assistant (also known as the SkyKick Outlook Assistant or SKOA).
What is SKOA?
SKOA is a lightweight client app that provides a more comprehensive migration experience. It automatically sets up Outlook to use Office 365 and will move local data. This means things like:
- POP email data
- Autocomplete cache
Is SKOA required for my migration?
SKOA is not required to complete the migration. It serves as an aid to expand the experience, but if it is not possible to use, we will still be able to migrate the data you have on the mail server. However, we do encourage using it if possible.
- Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Apple/Linux devices are unsupported
- Office 365 supported versions of Outlook on Windows (no thin clients)
- Outlook 2010 - 14.0.7164.5002 Service Pack 2 and the December 8, 2015 update or higher
- Outlook 2013 - 15.0.4779.1002 Service Pack 1 and the December 8, 2015 update or higher
- Outlook 2016 - Subscription: 16.0.6568.20xx or MSI: 16.0.4312.1001 or higher
- .Net Framework 4.0
- Local Administrator rights to download and install the Outlook Assistant.
- Multiple users on a single PST - SKOA only works for a single user
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) on the destination Office 365 tenant
- Running two versions of Outlook side-by-side
- Upgrading Outlook after the Outlook Assistant has been installed
- Terminal Servers/Services (e.g. VDI, RDP, Citrix, etc.)
- Some third-party applications that customize the MAPI properties of Outlook items or add additional, proprietary properties (e.g. MDaemon)
- Mobile Devices (e.g. Android, iOS, etc.)
- Outlook 2003 and 2007. Office 365 does not support Outlook 2003 and 2007. When migrating from these versions of Outlook, the Outlook Assistant provides desktop readiness checks. In the final email, users are given a link to access Office 365 email through Outlook Web Access (OWA). If Outlook 2003 or 2007 is upgraded, the Outlook Assistant will automatically configure the upgraded Outlook to work with Office 365.
- Macs and Outlook for Macs. In the final end user email, Mac users are provided with instructions to setup Outlook, and access Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- In some cases, we may not be able to move your local data using SKOA due to corrupt profiles or local system settings. In these instances, you will need to use a PST backup to recover local data. Please see Create an Outlook backup file to export my email account info for more information.