Site Backup end of support for my Gen 3 VPS server
Gen 3 VPS is reaching end of support and will soon be migrated to Gen 4 VPS. Site Backup is not compatible with Gen 4 VPS and won't be included in this migration. We're here to help you through this transition by answering some questions you may have.
Select a question to see its answer:
- What should I do next?
- How long do I have?
- What'll happen to my billing for Site Backup?
- What are my backup options for Gen 4 VPS?
What should I do next?
If you have data on Site Backup that you would like to save, we recommend downloading your Website & Database Backups before your migration.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Servers. Then, next to the Gen 3 VPS account you want to use, select Manage.
- Select the Backups tab.
- Next to Website & Database Backups, select Manage.
- Select next to the website or database you want to download.
How long do I have?
You'll receive an email to the address on your account profile at least 30 days before your migration. You'll receive another email 5-7 days prior with an exact migration date. Once your migration to Gen 4 VPS has been complete, you'll no longer have access to your Site Backup.
What'll happen to my billing for Site Backup?
Billing for Site Backup will automatically stop after you've been migrated to your Gen 4 VPS. You'll also receive a credit for the month you are migrated.
What are my backup options for Gen 4 VPS?
Gen 4 VPS offers several backup options.
- Server Backups: 7 days of free daily backups.
- cPanel / Plesk: User configured local and off-site backups.
- Website Backups: Paid daily backup service.