Set up my Office 365 email on Outlook 2010 (Windows 7)
You can set up your Office 365 email address in Outlook 2010, but it's a bit tricky to do yourself. We recommend that you use the Outlook Setup Assistant, to automatically set up Office 365 with your version of Outlook.
However, if you want to do it yourself, read on! You need to install a patch, to allow Outlook 2010 to work with Office 365 email.
- Go to the Microsoft© Download Center.
- Click Download.
- Click Save file.
- Open the
.exefile that downloads.
- In the Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup window that appears, log in with your Office 365 email address and password.
- Click Continue, then click I accept.
- When the updates have completed, click Finish.
- Now, you can set up Outlook 2010, with your Office 365 email. On your computer, open the Start Menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- In the top right search box, enter Mail.
- Click Mail (32-bit).
- Click Show Profiles.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the profile.
- Select Always use this profile to set the new profile as the default.
- In the drop-down list, select the new profile name.
- Click OK.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, enter the following:
Field Enter Your Name Enter your first and last name. E-mail Address Enter your Office 365 email address. Password Enter the password you created for your email account. Retype Password Enter your password, again.
- Click Next.
- Once Outlook is done configuring your account, click Finish
Note: If you have more than one Outlook profile, select Prompt for a profile to be used. Or select Always use this profile, and choose the new profile you just created.
- Now that you've set up your email on your desktop, you can also set it up on your mobile device:
- You can also set up your Outlook automatically, with the Outlook Setup Assistant.
- Alternative Microsoft interface: Add an email alias
- If you have access to software downloads with your Office 365 plan, you can download the most recent version of Outlook.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.