Set up a payee account
Here’s how to set up a payee account to specify your preferred method of payment.
Note: You can’t change the nickname or delete a payee account once it’s set up. However, you can update your payee account information at any time to adjust the payment details.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Go to the Account Settings tab.
- Select Payees, then select Add Payee.
- Enter a Payee Nickname, then select Add.
- Enter your payee details. Some items may need a little more attention:
- You have to enter a street address - no P.O. boxes. U.S. customers can have a check sent to a P.O. Box, but you must contact customer support to set that up.
- If your bank account isn't in the same country named in your GoDaddy account, contact customer support to set that up.
- If you choose PayPal as a payment method, make sure your first and last name are exactly the same as they appear in your PayPal profile. You might need to add your middle name to the Last name field if that's in your PayPal profile info.
- In the Tax Forms section: If you're a U.S. payee but not a U.S. citizen, you need to complete a W-8 tax form for individuals (or the W-8 tax form for companies) and send it to customer support.
- Select Next and review the payee details, and if everything looks good select Submit.
Now you'll need to link your payee to the product you want to use it. For more information, see:
|Reseller||Contact Care for assistance with linking your payee to your reseller account.|
|CashParking||Link payees to my CashParking account|
|GoDaddy Auctions||Editing Your Go Daddy Auctions Account Settings|
|Premium Domains||Adding domains to Premium Listings|
- If our Compliance team contacts you to provide additional information, follow the steps in Change my payee information. You'll be prompted to add more info and upload a photo ID.
- It's always a good idea to consult a tax professional when setting up a payee account.