Set default nameservers for my reseller customers
When your customers purchase or transfer a domain name, they'll need to select the nameservers their domain names will point to. You can designate your own custom hosting and parked nameservers as the default settings. To use this feature, your hosting products and top-level domains (TLDs) must support custom nameservers.
For help changing the nameservers for your own domain, check out Change nameservers for my domains.
Note: You don't need to complete the steps below if you prefer to use our hosting nameservers by default instead of assigning custom nameservers.
- Sign in to your Reseller Control Center (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Go to Settings and select Domains.
- Below Default Nameservers, select an option:
- Use custom hosting nameservers: Specify that custom hosting nameservers are used. (Best for customers who host their domain names with you.)
- Use custom parked nameservers: Specify that custom parked nameservers are used. (Best for customers who aren't immediately hosting their domain names.)
- Hosting: Automatically assign your customers' domain names to the custom hosting nameservers you specified.
- Parked: Automatically assign your customers' domain names to the custom parked nameservers you specified.
Note: If you use your own nameservers to host or park your customers' domain names, you're responsible for any zone file modifications.