Send emails when a WooCommerce order status changes
Informing your customers and staff when an order status changes on your WooCommerce store is a great way to keep everyone in the loop. In this article, we'll show you how to automatically send email notifications for changes in an order status.
- Start by signing in to your WordPress site.
- As this WooCommerce feature requires an additional extension, install and activate the Order Status Manager extension on your WooCommerce site.
- On the left side WordPress admin menu, hover over WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Within the Settings page, click on the Order Statuses tab.
- At the top-left of the page, click on the Emails link to access the order status notification settings.
- On this page, you'll see a list of any order status emails that have been already configured. To add a new order status email, click on the Add Order Status Email button.
- You're ready to start configuring your order status change email. Start by filling in the Name field with a name that describes it.
- Next, use the Type field to determine if this email will be sent to the store's admin email or the customer.
- Optionally, you can include a description of the status change using the Description field.
- Next, you'll define when the email should be sent. Start by clicking on the Add Condition button.
- Use the From Status and To Status fields to configure a condition that will trigger a status change email.
Optionally, multiple conditions can be added by using the Add Condition button to include additional conditions.
- Finally, save your changes by clicking on the Save Email button.