Search for accounts that use Basic authentication
Microsoft 365 accounts that use POP and IMAP will no longer be supported because Basic authentication is being deprecated. Find out which users are using POP and IMAP settings, as well as their specific protocol.
- Sign in to the Azure Active Directory admin center. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- On the leftmost side, select Azure Active Directory.
- Under Monitoring, select Sign-in logs. You might need to scroll down.
- Select Add filters.
- Select Client app, and then select Apply.
- Select Client app: None Selected.
- Select the checkboxes next to all the applications under Legacy Authentication Clients.
- Select Apply. The User sign-ins table will update.
If there are no results, the table will say No sign-ins found, which means none of your users are connecting with Basic authentication.
If you see results listed, then those users are connecting with Basic authentication. If you select one of the results, you’ll see which specific Client app they're using, like IMAP4, POP3, or MAPI over HTTP.
- After you know which of your users are using POP or IMAP settings, make sure they update to Exchange settings.
- Learn more about the deprecation of Basic authentication.