Reset your primary FTP password in cPanel
If you forgot your cPanel password(which is also your primary FTP password), or want to change it from the default, you can reset it. This password lets you upload files to your hosting account through an FTP client as well as directly log in to cPanel.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Settings section, click Change next to your password.
- Enter a New cPanel Password, and then click Change Password.
Note: If you want to change the password for your non-primary FTP users, see Edit FTP users in cPanel hosting.
- You can now log in to cPanel by navigating to http://coolexample.com/cpanel - where coolexample.com is your primary domain. This lets you log in with your cPanel login and new password.
- You can use an FTP client - such as FileZilla - to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.