Repair the Outlook configuration files
Outlook for Mac may stop accepting your password, which used to work just fine, after you update your version of macOS. This may be caused by the macOS update corrupting some Outlook configuration files. Try the steps below to repair those files.
- Quit Outlook for Mac.
- In your Applications folder, find and open Keychain Access. It may be in the Utilities folder.
- On the left sidebar, under Keychains, select login.
- Under Category, select All Items.
- In the upper-right, search Exchange.
- Select all the results, right-click (or two-finger click), and select Delete (all) items.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, searching for Office, making sure to delete all the results.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 again, searching for ADAL, making sure to delete all the results.
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Enter your password in the prompt, and complete 2-factor authentication if asked.
- If Outlook still won't accept your password, create a new macOS user, and try to use Outlook with that profile instead.