Remove malware from my site
If Website Security detects compromises or vulnerabilities, it will email you that there's a problem. You'll then need to submit a malware removal request.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, select Manage next to the Website Security account you want to clean up.
- Select Cleanup Now.
- Select your domain name, the issue you're having, and then select Submit Request.
Note: If you don't find an option in the drop-down list that describes your issue, please create a Website Security support ticket by selecting Back to Support > Product Support > New Ticket.
- The request form may ask you to add your Connection Type. The Website Security team uses this information to access your files and clean them. Since most hosts use FTP, enter your FTP information including FTP host, port, username, and password.
- Select Submit Request. The Website Security team may contact you for additional information if needed.
You’ll be emailed when the malware removal is complete.
Note: If your site is hosted with GoDaddy, an FTP user is created within your hosting beginning with "SEC_". Don’t remove this user as it’s how Website Security accesses your files to clean them. Once the malware removal is complete, the user is automatically deleted.