Regain access to my domain or my GoDaddy account
Submit a request to regain access to your domain or your account if you:
- Lost access to the email address listed in your account.
- Are listed as the domain registrant, but do not have access to the account with the domain.
Note: If you have access to the email address associated with your account but can't sign in, try resetting your password.
- Go to our Regain Access To My Account form.
- Select Email Access, Domain Access, or 2-Step Verification Access.
- Enter one or more domain names in your account and then select Next.
- If you don't have any domain names, turn off the Identify account by domain(s) toggle. Enter your Customer Number and Login Name to continue.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number, and then select Next.
- If you're requesting access to a domain, enter an email address different from the one associated with your domain.
- Wait... why do you need my ID? We require an ID to make sure that you're the account owner, so we can keep your account safe from any takeover attempts. Rest assured that the information you send is protected and isn’t used beyond the need to verify your account ownership. For more information, see our Terms of Service.
- If you select Yes, enter the Company Name and upload a government-issued document for company identification.
Note: Articles of Incorporation and documents printed from internet websites can not be accepted.
Note: This process is currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We're working diligently to respond as quickly as possible.