Recover from failed Worker plugin installation in WordPress
GoDaddy uses the ManageWP Worker plugin to automatically migrate a WordPress site. If the ManageWP Worker plugin fails installation, you may need to manually install it to migrate the site.
Install ManageWP Worker plugin on old WordPress site
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard of the site you want to migrate from.
- Install the ManageWP Worker plugin. For assistance installing a plugin, see Install a plugin in WordPress.
If you are not able to find the ManageWP Worker plugin, you can manually download it from the WordPress site. The ManageWP Worker plugin can be found at wordpress.org/plugins/worker.
Restart WordPress migration
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Remove the failed migration.
- Restart the migration after the failed migration has been removed. For information on automatically migrating a WordPress site, see Move your WordPress site automatically.