Preventing WordPress comment spam
Enabling comments on your WordPress site is great for interacting with your users and customers, as well as building a community. However, it can make your site a target for SPAM if proper preventative measures are not taken. In light cases, comment SPAM may just be annoying for your users. In extreme cases, it could impact the performance or even search engine ranking of your site. You have two options for reducing or removing comment spam:
- Call our support number and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself following the instructions in the tables below.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee:
- Install a comment spam prevention plugin
- Add a CAPTCHA
- Modify discussion settings
- Add requested items to comment blocklist
- Disable comments for the entire site
- Disable trackbacks for the entire site
- Disable comments on old posts
- Limit number of links in comments
- Remove all comments, either active or pending
- Disable comments or trackbacks on individual pages (up to 5)
- Disable external comment requests
To Do It Yourself
To help prevent comment spam yourself, use the table below
to find the scenario that's applicable and follow those instructions.
Modify Discussion Settings
Reduce SPAM for a single post or page
Install SPAM prevention plugins
Disable external comment requests