Pointing Your Domain's Email Service to Google
If your domain name uses Google Apps for its email service you need to manually point your domain name's email service to it. This is done by changing your domain name's Mail Exchanger (MX) records, which control where email sent to your domain name gets delivered. If you're curious about how that works, see What is an MX record?
To point your domain's email service to Google
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- On your product list next to Domains, click the (Plus sign button) to expand the list:
- Next to the domain you want to manage, under the Action section, click on the Manage DNS button:
- In the Records section, click the (pencil icon), and then the (trashcan icon) to delete any existing MX records.
- At the bottom of the section, click Add and select MX from the menu. Fill out the the fields with the information from the table below. Click Save after adding each record, then Add to add a new one.
These changes can take up to seven days to reflect on the Internet.
- For more info on adding MX Records, see: Add an MX record