PayPal, PayPal Here, Stripe and Dwolla transactions
This article is intended for the stand-alone Get Paid product that is now a tier of GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping. As such, some of these instructions may not apply to your Online Bookkeeping account.
Processing fee is a percentage of the total amount charged. For example, using Stripe to process a $1000 invoice, a customer would pay $29 (2.9% of $1000). That means they get $971 ($1000 - $29).
Online Bookkeeping - Get Paid does not include any payment processing fees. Each payment processor charges their own fees for every transaction. See their fees listed below:
- PayPal Here*: Manually enter a card number or scan a card: 3.5% + $0.15 per transaction (This method is considered higher risk and therefore costs more.)
- Sign up by October 31, 2014 to lock in this special rate through December 31, 2015. Pay 2.5% beginning January 1, 2016. Rates apply to all major credit and debit cards. First $10 in processing fees credited
- No difference in processing fees for American Express
- Online Bookkeeping - Get Paid does not support Square
The Difference Between Online Bookkeeping - Get Paid & Square
Notes About Square
- The Square Cash app lets you exchange money using a debit card. It's designed for paying friends (e.g., I'll send you $20 I owe you for dinner.) The maximum amount is $250
- Square does not allow you to access your client's email address for things like email marketing or individual follow up
- Square offers phone support, but the phone number leads to a recording that directs customers to send an email