Move my domain to another GoDaddy account
You can transfer a domain name from your GoDaddy account into another GoDaddy account with a domain account change. Your domain is not eligible for an account change if it's pending a contact update approval, within one day of expiration, expired or already undergoing an account change. You'll need to remove Protected Registration before beginning.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to move to another account. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All.
- From the menu above your domain list, select Ownership, then Move to other GoDaddy Account.
- Enter the new account owner's email address.
- Confirm the new account owner's email address.
- (Optional) Enter the new account owner's shopper ID.
Note: If you enter a shopper ID, the email address you entered must match the email address on the account you're moving the domain to.
- Choose Yes or No under Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?
- Click Transfer Domain.
You'll receive a confirmation notice stating Your transfer is in progress.
- If you made changes to your domain contact information, you'll need to approve the changes to complete the domain move.
- To complete the account change, be sure the receiving account holder checks their email and accepts the domain name in their account.
- You won't be able to transfer the same domain to another registrar for 10 days after completing this process.