Install a WordPress plugin from a .zip file
WordPress plugins add and extend functionalities of your site. If you purchased a premium plugin or downloaded a free one, here's how to install the plugin to your WordPress site.
Note: Download the plugin .zip file to your local computer before following the steps below.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Plugins > Add New.
- Select Upload Plugin.
- Select Choose File.
- Locate and select the plugin .zip file on your local computer and then select Open.
- Select Install Now.
- Optional: Select Activate Plugin if you want the plugin to be active after the installation. If not, you can always activate it later.
- Activate and deactivate plugins in WordPress.
- Install a WordPress plugin with FTP.
- If you don't want to install a plugin yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.