How do I get my 1099 form?
If you qualify for a 1099-MISC form, we'll send it to the address in your Payee account by the end of January. To avoid a potential delay, please make sure your address is up-to-date no later than the first week in January.
Each year, we send a 1099-MISC tax form to all resellers who meet the following qualifications:
- Payee account is set up as a U.S. resident.
- Payee account type is Individual.
- W-9 form was completed. See an example here. (This is part of the payee setup process.)
- Paid more than $600 in the previous year. Your Payment History report shows all payments from January to December that will be in your 1099.
If you didn't meet the above requirements, you won't receive a 1099. You’ll need to file for your tax classification, such as partnership or limited liability company, as advised by your tax professional.
If you meet the qualifications and you haven’t received a 1099 by mid-February, please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
- If you wish to change your 1099 info in the future, update your payee account.
- See the IRS general instructions for filing these kinds of returns.
- Here's a list of tax-related Help articles.
Note: This information isn't intended to establish a relationship or advise you on taxes. It's always a good idea to consult a tax professional to learn more.