Get an authorization code to transfer my domain away from GoDaddy
You'll need to get your authorization code (AKA auth code, EPP code or transfer key) prior to transferring your domain away from GoDaddy. You won't be able to transfer your domain away if it's within 60 days of registration, a previous transfer, or an update to registrant contact info. You can still get your auth code in these cases, and for multiple domains at a time, by creating an exportable list.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the domain you'll be transferring to get to the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy. If your domain isn't eligible for transfer, create and download an exportable list instead.
- Review the transfer checklist, then select Continue with transfer. If your domain ends with .UK, you'll need to enter the IPS tag for your new registrar, then select Complete Transfer.
Note: You'll need to verify your identity if you have domain protection on your domain. We'll send a verification code automatically if you've had 2-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
- Select Click here to see Authorization Code.
- Select Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. We'll also send an email with your auth code to the administrative email address on your domain name.
- Select Return to Domains List to go back to your list of domains, or select Cancel transfer to go back to the Domain Settings page.
- Provide the auth code to your new registrar to continue the transfer.
- Create and download an exportable list to get the auth codes for your domains.