Edit a DS record
Edit your DS records, if you need to make changes to the current settings. You can manually edit DS records for domains that are registered with GoDaddy but are not using GoDaddy nameservers.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select DNSSEC above your DNS records zone file.
- Select Edit next to the DS record.
- Edit the details for your DS record:
- Key Tag: A number between 1 and 65536 that quickly identifies this DS record.
- Algorithm: An identifier of the cryptographic algorithm that generates the signature. Choose an option from the menu.
- Digest Type: This determines the algorithm type that constructs the digest. Choose 1 or 2 from the menu.
- Digest: The digest is an alpha-numeric value that specifies a cryptographic hash value of the referenced DNSKEY Record.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Secure your website further with an SSL and Website Security.
- Some domains don't support DNSSEC.
- Turn on auto-renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.