Download a copy of my website backup
The website backup product stores your backups for you for 90 days. If you would like to save a copy of your site for longer or would like to put a copy somewhere else safe, you can download a copy of your site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- For Website Security and Backups, select Manage All.
- Find the site you want to download a backup for. Under Backups for that site, select Details.
- In the calendar, select the date you'd like to download a copy of the backup from.
- Select Download Backup to download your site’s files and database.
- You can select Download all, Download files, or Download database.
- Select Start Download.
- Depending on the size of your site, it can take some time to generate the backup file. Once the file has been created, a link will appear.
- Select Download backup.
The backup file is a compressed .zip file. To access individual site files, you will need to use an application that can decompress a .zip file.
To restore these files to your website, use an FTP application.