Disable comments in WordPress
If you don't want to allow visitors to leave comments on your WordPress site, you can disable comments from your dashboard.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Settings > Discussion.
- In the Default post settings section, clear the checkbox next to Allow people to submit comments on new posts.
Note: If you have comments enabled on individual posts or pages, individual settings will overwrite the default post settings for these posts or pages.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save Changes.
Comments are now disabled on your site.
- Disable comments on a single WordPress post
- Disable comments on old posts and pages in WordPress
- If you don't want to disable comments yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.