Customize my Websites + Marketing email automations
Prompt communication is key in building a successful online business. When someone orders a product, books an appointment or has a shipment headed their way - they'll want to know about it.
Email automations are useful timesavers that help keep your customers in the loop without requiring you to manually send every single email.
Websites + Marketing includes email automations for:
- Submitted orders
- Order shipments
- Appointment bookings
Customize your email automations from your Websites + Marketing dashboard:
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- From your Dashboard, select Connections, and then Automations.
- Select Edit to open the email automation editor.
Customize the look and content of the email automation
Personalize the style of the messages that your customers will receive.
- Choose Theme: Select a premade theme.
- Edit Styles: Edit your font, buttons, and background colors individually.
Customize the contents of your messages to match the style and tone of your brand.
- Enter a custom subject line.
- Add your business logo.
- Upload a banner image.
- Customize the email message.
Customize text and select dynamic autofill options
Personalize certain phrases, like the salutation, so each person receiving your emails feels connected to the message you're automating.
- Select a placeholder text that's highlighted with a grey box to reveal the autofill option menu.
- Select to choose your autofill preference (e.g., your customer's first name or full name) from the dropdown menu.
- Select to confirm your autofill selection.
- Highlight any text to reveal the editor for style options.
- Select to turn the highlighted text into a placeholder for dynamic autofill.
- Select to open the list of autofill options.
- Choose the desired autofill option and then select to confirm your autofill selection.
Add or change images and email elements
These additions help visually break up your information, assist in accessibility, and make your email easier to scan and digest.
- Select any image to reveal the editor with options to:
- Replace the image
- Create a link
- Resize and rotate the image
- Add alt text to the image
- Add a caption
- Delete the image
- Select between sections to insert additional elements:
- Text and image layouts
- Image templates imported from GoDaddy Studio
- HTML code
- Once you've completed your edits, select Save & Continue.
Preview and save your email automation
- When on desktop, select and to preview the desktop and mobile screen formats of your email automation.
- Enter your Sender Details and then select Save Changes.
Note: If you use an unverified email address, you'll receive a verification email, requiring you to select a link to authenticate your sending address.
- (Optional) Send Test Email to an email address to verify how it looks to the recipient.
- Select Activate to begin automatically sending your customized email automation.