Create coupon codes to offer discounts on products in your online store. Customers can apply these codes during checkout.
Note: Coupons can only be applied to products in your online store, and won't work for appointments or events.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website or online store you want to change.
- From your Dashboard, select Commerce, then under the Products column, select Coupons.
- Select Add to add a new coupon.
- The fields marked with red asterisks are required, and the other fields are optional:
- Coupon code: Enter your own code or select Get a code to generate and insert a random series of numbers and letters. You can create up to 500 codes.
- Type: Choose between discounting the total by a fixed amount, discounting the total by a percentage, or giving customers an option for free shipping.
- Options: Options change based on the Type. Discount by fixed amount or percentage have the options to be limited to a product or category, total uses, or minimum order total. Free shipping has the options to limit total uses, require mimum order total, and set maximum coupon value.
- Coupon start and end: Choose to limit a coupon between certain dates, or choose no end date. Start dates begin at 12:01 AM your local time and end at 11:59 PM your local time. Check your time zone in your Store Settings, which can be found in the Commerce tab under the Reports & Settings column on your Dashboard.
Note: The preconfigured coupon for new email subscribers has limited editable fields.
- Select Save, and the Coupons page lists the new coupon.
- Select the pencil icon next to an active coupon to change it or the trash icon to delete it.
Note: Customers can only redeem one coupon per order.
- Coupons for a fixed amount or a reduced percentage can be applied to certain products or categories. Add or edit product categories.
- Coupons help you set up temporary free or reduced shipping. If you want constant free shipping, then you'll need to add a shipping method.
- Remember to set up taxes for accurate accounting for customers at checkout.