Create an account in WebHost Manager (WHM)
To host a domain name's website on your VPS or Dedicated server using cPanel, you need to create an account and add the domain in WebHost Manager (WHM).
- Log in to WHM using root for your username and your server's password at https://yourserverip:2087, where yourserverip is your server's IP address.
- In the navigation tree, below Account Functions, select Create a New Account.
Complete the fields in the Domain Information section.
- (Optional) Complete the other onscreen fields.
- Click Create.
Note: WHM automatically creates a Username based on the first 14 characters of your domain name. You can change it if you like.
WHM displays a results page outlining your new account. If there are no problems, you'll see Account Creation Complete at the bottom of the page.
- You can use your domain name as a nameserver for websites hosted on your server.
- You can find information on WHM in the cPanel documentation pages.