Connect to my Managed WordPress server with SSH (Secure Shell)
Once you've enabled SSH on your Managed WordPress account, follow these steps to connect to your server with an SSH app.
Required: You'll need the following to complete these steps:
- A Managed WordPress Deluxe, Ultimate, or Ecommerce plan. (Basic plans need to upgrade to include SSH access)
- An SSH app, we suggest PuTTY for Windows, or Terminal for macOS.
- Your Host Name, which can be your domain name or IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Your file transfer protocol (FTP) username and password (steps 1-5).
Got all that info? Let's get started!
- Launch your SSH app.
- In the field provided, enter the Host Name (your domain name or IP address) and Port (22 for SSH).
- When asked, enter your FTP Username and Password.
Note: The exact steps for connecting with SSH depend on the SSH app you use. See more documentation for PuTTY or Terminal.
- Find common SSH commands for your WordPress site in the WP-CLI handbook.