Change the domain on my Office 365 email account
Sometimes you need to change the domain associated with your address. Before you can change your domain, it must:
- Be registered with GoDaddy.
- Be reegistered in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
- Have an active zone file for the GoDaddy domain and be in the same account as your Office 365 email plan.
Change your Office 365 email domain
You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Log in to your Email & Office dashboard.
- Click Manage next to the email address you want to update.
- Inside the area labeled Account Information, click Edit.
- Next to Username, click Change domain. A dropdown list will show the available domains in your account that meet the requirements for use on Office 365.
- Select your new domain and click Ok, Got it to acknowledge that your new and old domains will be linked.
- Select Save. You might be asked to update your password and create a new one. Enter and confirm your new password then click Save & Continue.
It can take up to 24 hours for your domain change to take affect.
Show me how
- To continue to send and receive email, you'll need to remove your old email address from your devices and add your new one.
- Set up email on my desktop
- Set up my Office 365 email on my mobile phone