Change or delete my email alias
Note: We're working to resolve an issue with aliases. If you see an error, please wait an hour and try again. Or, admins can manage aliases in the Exchange admin center (EAC). Sign in with your email address and password. Learn how to edit or remove an email address (alias) from Microsoft.
If you're no longer interested in using an email alias, edit or delete it from the Email & Office Dashboard. You can then create a user with that same email address.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard.
- Select Admin, and then Email Aliases.
Edit an alias
- Select the pencil button next to the email alias you want to change.
- Update the email alias by editing the name. If you have multiple domains, you can change the alias domain as well.
- Select Save.
- To continue to use the original email alias along with the updated alias, select Yes, Keep It, Too. If not, select No, Thanks. Your alias will now direct mail to your primary inbox.
Delete an alias
- Select the trash button next to the email alias you want to delete.
- Select Delete. After an alias is removed, it can be used in a new email address.
Removing an alias can take up to 24 hours to complete.