Cancel two-step verification
Follow these steps to turn off two-step verification (2SV). The steps are different depending on whether or not you have access to the device (smartphone, tablet, computer, or hardware security key) you originally set up for 2SV.
I've got that device (or my backup)
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
Required: If you enabled 2SV for all logins, this is when to enter the code we send you, the code from your authentication app, or insert your security key.
- Click this icon in the upper-right corner:
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Login & PIN.
Required: If you enabled 2SV for high-risk transactions only, this is when to enter the code we send you, the code from your authentication app, or insert your security key.
- In the Two-Step Verification area, click Edit.
- Next to the main authentication method (below How do you want to receive verification codes?), click Delete. We'll turn off 2SV immediately.
- If you set a backup method for 2SV, be sure to repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the backup method.
I don't have access to that device (or a backup)
- Download and complete this Request to Cancel Two-Step Authentication form. This form cannot be signed with an electronic signature.
- Email the completed form (and your ID documents as explained in the form) to
Use the subject line "Disabling Two-Step Authentication." We'll respond within 72 hours.
Note: This email needs to come from the email address that's on your account. If you need to update the email address on file, update your email at www.changeupdate.com.