Cancel my domain
We understand there may be situations where you no longer wish to have a domain name registered to you. If you decide to cancel (delete) a domain from your account, you can do so at any time.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product (Need help opening your product?)
- From the Domain Manager, select your domain name to go to the Domain Settings page.
- Check if your domain has Protected Registration enabled. If so, it MUST be removed first.
- Make sure the domain is in an active status (i.e., not expired or pending a contact update).
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section.
- Click the Delete Domain link.
- Select Yes, I want to delete this domain and make it available for someone else to register.
- Click Delete domain to confirm deletion and cancel your domain name.
Note: If the Delete domain link is showing as Disabled, make sure your domain name is in an active status and does not have Protected Registration enabled.