Cancel my domain
When you cancel a domain, it will no longer be registered to you.
After canceling a domain name, it is immediately removed from your account. The cancelation cannot be undone.
Depending on the type of domain you cancel, the registry might hold it before releasing it for other users to register. You might be able to re-register the domain name, subject to additional registration fees.
To cancel your domain
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Click the image that matches what you see in your account:
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click Delete domain.
- Select Yes, I want to delete this domain and make it available to someone else to register.
- Click Delete domain.
- Select the domain name you want to delete.
- From the More menu, select Delete Domain.
- Read the deletion warning, select I want to delete this domain(s), and then click Delete.
Deleting your domain name does not entitle you to a refund of any part of your registration fee. For more information, see our Refund policy.