Backordering your monitored domains
If you added Domain Monitoring to a domain name, you can also place a backorder on the domain name to attempt to register it if it becomes available. Or, if it's listed for auction, the backorder gives you instructions on how to participate in the auction.
If the backorder is not successful, you can reassign it to another domain name or request a refund from our support team.
For more information about the backorder process, see What happens after I backorder a domain?
Note: Certain country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), such as .us, have residency requirements. If you want to backorder a ccTLD, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names) to find the Help article with its residency requirements.
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab:
- Click Manage All:
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Select the domain names you want to modify.
- Click Upgrade to Backorder. The Upgrade Domain Monitoring to Backorder window displays.
Note: If you do not have available backorder credits, click Buy Credit. In the Domain Backorders section, for Select Quantity, enter the number of credits you want to purchase. Complete the checkout process, and then go back to the Domain Manager to continue.
- The Backorder type will be Public. This means your personal contact information will be listed in the WHOIS database.
- Select I have read and agree to ... , and then click Next.
- If necessary, edit your contact information, and then click Next.
Your backordered domain name displays on the Backorders and Monitoring page of the Domain Manager.