Are there requirements to apply for a merchant account for a Web site?
The following requirements may have to be met to apply for a merchant account:
- Your website must be published to the Internet ("live").
- DBA ("doing business as" or business name) must be on your website.
- List your products and prices on your website.
- Provide your physical contact address on your website.
- Provide your return/refund policy on your website.
- Provide your shipping methods on your website.
- Provide your customer service contact phone number on your website.
- Your shopping cart must be working and secure (but not yet processing orders).
Additional requirements may be needed as determined by the merchant account provider, including a credit check and background check.
Note: Once the application is submitted, the merchant application fee is non-refundable. Make sure that all questions are addressed with the merchant provider prior to application submission.