Add website messaging for customer feedback
The website messaging box is a friendly way to invite people to send you a message. The message collects the visitor’s name, email address, phone number and the message they want to send you. This message gets sent to an email address you choose, and then you can reply to the email or call the person back.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select the Website tab at the top of your editor then select Messaging from Website Add-Ons.
- Customize your messaging window.
- Enable Website Messaging: Toggle this feature to turn your messaging form on and off.
- Send message to: Customize the email address where you want to receive the messages.
- Welcome message: Add a short message inviting people to send you a message.
- Thank you message: After someone selects Send Message, add a thank you note to confirm the message was sent and what to expect next.
- Show email opt-in: Toggle this feature so people can add themselves as subscribers to your email marketing list, after their message is sent.
- Email opt-in message: Let people know about the benefits of being on your list, and what they can look forward to.
Note: On mobile, you’ll see the website messaging window first. Tap it again to open the editor.
- Select Done.
- Your changes are saved automatically. When you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
- In addition, view and manage new contacts and messages via the Settings > Connections page.
- Another way to respond to people who leave you a message is through GoDaddy Conversations. Connect GoDaddy Conversations to your site.
- Add a contact form to your site as another way for people to send you a message.
- You can also use website messaging to add email marketing subscribers. Another way to get email marketing subscribers is through an email marketing signup form.