Add user email accounts
As your business grows, your employees might need their own Microsoft 365 email addresses. Add a user and set up a new email address.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Add user.
- Depending on the number and types of accounts you have, you’ll see different options:
- If you have multiple account types available: Select the Microsoft 365 account type you want to set up, and then Get started.
- If you have one account type available: Skip this step and then continue to step 4.
- If you don't have any available users: Buy a new Microsoft 365 plan.
- Select the domain you want to use, and then Continue.
- You'll see an Existing Email notice if you already have Workspace Email set up with your domain. Select Continue, then switch your domain's email service to Microsoft 365.
- On the Create new email account page, you’ll see either the Create single email or Create multiple emails page depending on your number of available accounts. Select the appropriate tab based on what's displayed in your Email & Office Dashboard, and then follow the steps:
Enter the following information for the email user:
Field What to do Username Enter a name before the @ symbol. First name Enter the user's first name. Last name Enter the user's last name. Account type Select the type of Microsoft 365 account you want to use for this user. Share contacts and files with To share email contacts, calendars and files with other domains, select the domains. Or select Do not share. This option only appears when you're setting up a user on a domain different from your other users and want to link the domains together. Administrator permissions To make the user an administrator, select Yes. The user will have access to features like creating email aliases and editing shared contacts. If this is your first user for this domain, Yes will be selected by default. Password Enter a password (or use a temporary password) for this account. Send account info to Enter up to 5 email addresses where you'd like user account notifications sent.Note: If you want to restore a recently deleted user, you must use the Create single email page.
Enter the following for each email user that you want to set up. Each account is created with a temporary password.
Field What to do Admin To make the user an administrator, select the checkbox. The user will have access to features like creating email aliases and editing shared contacts. Username Enter a name before the @ symbol. First name Enter the user's first name. Last name Enter the user's last name. Account type Select the type of Microsoft 365 account you want to use for each user. Send account info to Enter the email address where you'd like the users’ sign-in information and notifications sent. To send all account info to the listed email address, select the checkbox.
- Select Create or Create Account(s). When an account is set up and ready for use, we’ll notify the email address provided.