Add a variable product in WooCommerce
A variable product is a product that has multiple options or SKUs, like a jacket in various sizes or colors. This product type is useful when you need to set different attributes, images, stock, or price in your set of variations. WooCommerce has other product types available.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, click Products, which will expand and give additional options.
- Click Add New in the expanded Products menu.
- Fill-out the Product name field with the name of your product.
- In the large text box, enter a Description of the product.
- In the Product data section, select Variable product from the dropdown menu.
Note: We'll create attributes and variations in Next steps. This is required for variable products.
- Next, enter a Product short description, which will typically appear next to the image of the product on your store.
- On the right-hand side of the page, in the Product categories section, check the box for any related categories.
Note: If you have not already added a category, then you can click Add a category to do so.
- Click the Save Draft or Publish button near the top-right.
You can make changes to the product’s settings at any time.