About .mx Domains
Nic Mexico is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .mx extension that represents Mexico.
Who can register .mx domains?
Anyone can register .mx, and .com.mx domain names.
When registering a .mx domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters or consecutive)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-5 years
- Renewal length: 1-5 years
- We attempt auto-renewal of your .mx domain name on its expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt auto-renewal five days later. If the second attempt fails, we try again five days after that.
- For example: Your .mx domain name expires on October 1. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually until October 11. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 1, October 6, and October 11.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 10th day after the expiration date, see Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Must Use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- It can take up to 14 days for .mx domains to transfer in.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- It can take up to 14 days for .mx domains to transfer out.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-5 Nameservers, Unique IP address
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.