About .JOBS domains
Employ Media, LLC is the sponsor and Nominet is the backend provider for the .JOBS extension.
Who can register .JOBS domains?
Only companies can register .JOBS domain names, and .JOBS domain names can only be used for company job listings. The .JOBS format is: www."yourcompanyname".JOBS.
When registering a .JOBS domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- You Must:
- Manage HR duties on behalf of your company.
- Be authorized to purchase "yourcompanyname" .JOBS on behalf of your company.
- Agree to abide by the .JOBS Use Policies.
- Agree to abide by the SHRM Code of Professional Ethics.
- Be responsible for the use of the domain, including to a licensed third party.
- Registration Verification:
- All .JOBS domain name applications will be submitted at registration and will be verified by the registry operator, Employ Media. Some form of proof that you have rights to the requested name must be submitted with the application. In most cases your existing URL (yourcompanyname.com) will be sufficient.
- You may be contacted by the .JOBS Administrative Staff to answer any questions they may have during the verification process. Most applications will be verified within 3 business days but can take as long as 30 days. Upon positive validation, the .JOBS registry will notify us when yourcompanyname.JOBS has been "created", thereby allowing it to become visible on the Internet.
- Note: A .JOBS application is denied if the company name on the application does not match the domain name being applied for. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Can use only: To post information about your company, such as your own job postings, company culture, company information, etc.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- Cannot use for:
- Third-party job postings (i.e., job boards)
- Non-HR-related matters
- Cannot use: Various generic terms and identifiers, such as geographic names (major cities, countries, etc.), industry and occupational classifications, profane words and other terms of common interest to the HR Community.
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .JOBS domain name renews on its expiration date.
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .JOBS domain on its expiration date.
- If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 5 days later and again 7 days after that.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 12th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired GoDaddy domain for more information.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
- The domain name must include the legal or commonly known business name. Because .JOBS domains can only be registered for the name of the company, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPV6
- Can not use: DNSSEC
- Want to register a .JOBS domain? Search for your domain today.
- How to register a .JOBS domain:
- On our Home page, in the New Domain search field, enter the domain name.
- Select .JOBS from the drop-down menu, and then click Go.
- If the domain name you want to purchase is available, click Add and then click Continue to Registration.
- In the Domain Registration Information section, enter valid domain name contact information, and pay special attention to the following requirements:
- For Company Name — enter your legal Company Name and confirm that it is the legal registrant of the domain name.
- For Your Title — enter your official job title and confirm that you are the Administrative Contact for the .JOBS domain name.
- For Company Primary URL — enter your existing company's URL to help us determine if you have rights to the requested .JOBS domain name.
- For Industry Classification — enter the industry type your company falls under.
- On the Payment page, read the .JOBS Domain Agreement, select I have read and agree ... , and then click Place Order Now.
- Complete the purchase. You might be contacted by the .JOBS Administrative Staff to answer any questions they might have during the verification process.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .JOBS domain.