cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

pathetic support

i installed worpdress through cpanel installatron plugin, but my site automatically redirect to https, and godady doesnt have ticketing support, only phone or chat, the chat support technician akhil just keep on insisting it is my code an my problem an i need to remove that plugin, pathetic support, still my site is down and im unable to proceed further, see the chat conversation for your self,

Akhil

<<Transcript removed for security>>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@murali_thy 

I'm an end user like you, but I certainly see your frustration with support.

1) GoDaddy does not offer / include AutoSSL with cPanel at this time.

2) If you do not wish to purchase an SSL certificate there are some websites to help generate Let's Encrypt SSL certs to manually install (and you need to manually renew them every 3 months)

3) When you use the installtron app and select HTTPS - to the best of my knowledge it is not actually an .htaccess redirect but rather in the WordPress Database that it sets the site url and home url to include the HTTPS

4) when I went to your domain right now it's just hitting the default cPanel "Future home..." page

Hope this helps you move forward with your site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@murali_thy 

I'm an end user like you, but I certainly see your frustration with support.

1) GoDaddy does not offer / include AutoSSL with cPanel at this time.

2) If you do not wish to purchase an SSL certificate there are some websites to help generate Let's Encrypt SSL certs to manually install (and you need to manually renew them every 3 months)

3) When you use the installtron app and select HTTPS - to the best of my knowledge it is not actually an .htaccess redirect but rather in the WordPress Database that it sets the site url and home url to include the HTTPS

4) when I went to your domain right now it's just hitting the default cPanel "Future home..." page

Hope this helps you move forward with your site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post