cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

is drupal still available on Linux web hosting?

Trying to get a straight answer on this is immensely difficult (always my experience with GoDaddy unfortunately).

Drupal is listed in the cpanel but when I click on it the message is "No applications found" which I assume means it has been removed.

Over a month ago, after 30 min on the support line, I was told that it is probably a mistake that the icon is still there in the cpanel but confirmation could not be given that Drupal was no longer available nor, if it wasn't, why . And "yes"said the support guy, "I'll  tell the admins about it and get the icon removed and some explanation provided to customers". Well no, the icon is still there and Drupal still will not install.

I am amazed how poor GoDaddy's "award winning" support is on matters such as this.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: is drupal still available on Linux web hosting?

Hey there!

I logged into 3 separate instances of Linux cPanel and was able to install Drupal on all 3. It sounds like perhaps there's an issue with your cPanel installation. I would call back into support, make sure you get to the Hosting department, and explain the issue. Ask that they elevate the issue to Advanced Support. It will most likely require a support ticket of some sort. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks Joe.

I will have to try support again. Very annoying that you can't contact anyone by email and it has to be done on the phone. If you get the wrong person who doesn't know much, as keeps happening to me, it is a very time-consuming exercise.

Super User III
Super User III

This is a hosting issue so just make sure you get to the hosting department as the inbound department won't have the necessary tools to check the status of the server. They should be able to help you figure it out.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community