cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

idle mode after some time

Hi all

my site goes in idle mode after some time with no visits and takes round 12 sec to load after that, i read that on windows hosting it is possible do something that prevents it from going in idle mode can i do somthing similar to the linux hosting ?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: idle mode after some time

Hi @b16eko. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean. Usually, if someone is experiencing what you've described, it is due to the cache of the website expiring in the user's browser. It can also happen if you have caching built into your site and it expires. For example, if you have WordPress, you might have a caching plugin that only keeps the cached version of your site for a specific amount of time. Increasing that time would make it so the cached version stays available longer and doesn't have to be recreated by the server (which takes longer). Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

hi again sorry for my not understandable english Smiley Very Happy

i mean the same problem like this guy https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/Initial-load-very-slow/m-p/40781#M4831 just that im on linux hosting

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@b16eko - I see. Slow load times are generally due to website content issues. There isn't a server idle time otherwise everyone on the server would experience the same issue. If you can share your website, someone may be able to take a look at it and suggest ways to improve load speed consistency. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.