cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Forbidden 403 error when moving a local WP site to a live site

@PL281 thank you for your response. I deleted the managed WP install and started from scratch, but I am still not able to get my site online. 

I think it has to do with the file location. My primary domain is in the home location, it is not in a folder, as that will make my site stop working. 

So this site is going to be the second domain that I am hosting on my deluxe package. This goes in a folder to separate it.  

My new domain URL is www.beatyourbest.world. I didn't make any DNS changes. I am using GoDaddy, cpanel hosting platform. It is a Wordpress.org website.  The error I keep getting is "

403 Forbidden

Request forbidden by administrative rules."

I don't know what other information to give you to be able to assist me. 

Also, can't figure out how to contact GoDaddy help on email or chat, because I am not able to make calls at this moment. 

Thank you for helping!

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@LourikaBotha 

OK.... so cPanel and Managed WordPress are 2 different platforms - 

Can you send a screen shot of the cpanel domains area and the file manager so I can see how you have it setup

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community