cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Internal AJAX Calls Blocked

Seems that Godaddy is blocking connections to our own site. Seems they don’t allow our hosted site to connect to ourself using cURL. It’s very common for a WordPress site to perform connections to itself (e.g. AJAX requests) and I can’t see any valid reason to apply this blocking in a server. But for some reason godaddy is doing this . SHow can I  request to remove that limitation in the server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@kosmasj 

I had a similar issue on the Managed WordPress platform - I can't remember if it was cURL or fOpen.

In talking with GoDaddy Support - They have this blocked for security purposes as otherwise it's possible to get script injections with it. The solution was (and I already had one) to move the site to my VPS server which I have more control over and it isn't blocked.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@kosmasj 

I had a similar issue on the Managed WordPress platform - I can't remember if it was cURL or fOpen.

In talking with GoDaddy Support - They have this blocked for security purposes as otherwise it's possible to get script injections with it. The solution was (and I already had one) to move the site to my VPS server which I have more control over and it isn't blocked.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post