cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

2-step verification

GoDaddy email stating that they are stepping up security by beefing things like 2-step verification.

As I pointed out in the past, this is a futile moot point because somebody can still very simply bypass 2-step verification by going to YourDomain.com/cpanel.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User I

Hello @MBProud 

2-step adds another layer of authentication to get to your c-panel. So just a simple username and password won't allow you authenticate to your cpanel. Another action that you choose needs to be taken before authenticating into the cpanel.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User I

Hello @MBProud 

2-step adds another layer of authentication to get to your c-panel. So just a simple username and password won't allow you authenticate to your cpanel. Another action that you choose needs to be taken before authenticating into the cpanel.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post